Thursday, April 1, 2010

BOSU Betrayal!

Last December I bought my trainer, Charlie, a BOSU for xmas. I was excited to give it to him, because he had said he wanted one and talked about a variety of workouts he had done or could do on the BOSU. I thought it was the perfect gift for a personal trainer! I gave that BOSU a good home and yesterday it betrayed me...

It was my normal Wednesday kettlebell session with Charlie. It had been an average day, nothing bad had really happened, so I should of known something was impending. I usually have something happen to me on a daily basis.

We started with our normal warm-up exercises with the neck, back bends, squats, etc. Then we moved on to do some leg raises. This involved me jumping up on the pull up bar and bringing my legs up towards my chest. Seemingly safe task, right? I can't reach the pull up bar, so I use the BOSU to give me the extra boost to jump up to the bar. The first set of 5 went fine. Then I went into the second set. I was on the BOSU and I jumped up to reach the bar and grabbed hold of it. Some how I lost my grip and came down from the bar landing on the BOSU, which helped propel me off of it and then I fell backwards and slammed my head into the wall.

The BOSU I gave such a good home had turned on me. It flung me from its graces into a wall. Why BOSU? Why?

I will forgive but I will not forget....oh BOSU, how could you??

Random Acts of Debbie asks that you take a moment and comment, good or bad, I welcome it all!

No comments: