Thursday, April 8, 2010

Intense conversation

When I woke up this morning, I checked my horoscope on my mac widget, as I do every morning. Today it said "you will be involved in an intense conversation with someone you meet on the street." I was intrigued. So many possibilities. Then again, maybe this was just going to be another encounter with a hooker on the streets of Escondido! I was anxious to see how the day would unfold and what this "intense conversation" might be.

I paid close attention throughout the day to observe all that was around me to see if there were any signs or clues of when this conversation might occur. Nothing exciting happened as I made my way to my car in the morning, nothing on the drive in, nothing upon my approach into work. It was a quiet morning, very little co-worker interaction...I was beginning to think it just wasn't going to happen. I also wasn't sure what would really qualify as an "intense conversation".

I went to Jimbo's Naturally! for lunch (I love this place, btw!) and as I was in the deli section perusing all the available vegan options, I noticed an old man that crept up from behind me and cut in my place in line. Normally, I would have said something or made a point that I was annoyed (I don't believe old people should get to do whatever they want!), but I was in a good mood today and was still indecisive on what I was going to get when it was my turn anyway, so I looked the other way and let it go. He ended up taking forever! He was sampling and asking questions, and then ended up getting like 10 things in these tiny quantities! That's besides the point though. I was nice during this whole experience, I even smiled at him (this might have been what caused the next event).

Once he was done and it was my turn at the counter, I had my chance to talk to the really hot deli boy! Aye aye aye! Muy caliente! His smile made me want to melt. Anyway, I ordered the vegan ratatouille and flirted a little with him, but I didn't take up nearly as much time as the old man! When I received my food, I turned around to go towards the check out, and as I flipped around this really old lady was standing behind me and sneering at me like I just stole her purse or something! I wasn't sure what it was I would have done, I didn't even know she was there, and I never made eye contact with her until I turned around. I thought maybe she liked he old man and was peeved I smiled at him...or maybe she was into the hot young deli boy too! As I fluffed it off and started to walk away she turned slightly and snarled "little bitch!" at me. What did I do?! I didn't even know how to react. Maybe old people are like animals, they know when you don't like them, and they act out! I don't really hate all old people, just the ones that drive slow! I couldn't really do anything but walk away. It's not like you can really ever win by arguing with an old lady!

I pondered as I waited to check out if this was my "intense conversation". It did qualify as slightly intense. I didn't want to exclude myself from other opportunities for an "intense conversation" so I did go for a walk around the usual corners of e-hell and it was a slow day on the streets...no solicitations, no hooker brawls, and no more intense conversations!

Random Acts of Debbie asks that you take a moment and comment, good or bad, I welcome it all!

No comments: