Friday, February 26, 2010

Little skater shoe brats!

The other day I was at home and had a sudden craving for chili cheese fritos. I have no idea why, because I haven't had those in over a decade. At any rate, I decided the craving was bad enough I would make the short trek to the 7-11 and get some. I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator of my condo. The stairs exit right onto the sidewalk outside. As I exited the building I encountered a small pack of unruly and annoying children...some on skateboards and others with their little "skate shoes". I couldn't help but wonder why these kids were out so late with no supervision. It was after 10 at night.

As I walked out of the building and saw these kids, I missed the one lurking just behind the door with his little skate shoe sticking out just enough to cross my path and ensure I would trip. I took two steps and down I went! I was completely taken off guard and didn't even have the opportunity to try to gain my balance and prevent the fall. I crashed face down into the cement sidewalk and bit my lip hard upon impact. I think I was a bit stunned because it took me a minute or two to even grasp what had just happened. I turned over and blood was already gushing from my mouth. I thought for sure I had lost a tooth from all the blood. Luckily, a quick sweep of the mouth gave me confidence all the teeth were in tact.

It was at this point I realized the evil little spawn that had done this was laughing hysterically. I asked him if he did it on purpose and he was like "hey lady, it's not my fault if you didn't watch where you were going!" I asked him why he found hurting another person to be so humorous and if he would be laughing so hard if I pushed him down and he was bleeding. He then used a lovely expletive that somehow takes on new meaning coming out of the mouth of a 12 year old. And this is our future? Good grief.

The only thing I could think of was "A Christmas Story" and Scut Farkus and the sweet revenge Ralphie exacted on him. I figured this kid would get his one day and it gave me temporary satisfaction.

Random Acts of Debbie asks that you take a moment and comment, good or bad, I welcome it all!

No comments: