Thursday, September 30, 2010

That's what you get for scaring me you little brat! But, I'm sorry...

I just had a very intense moment in the stairwell of my building that has left me feeling bad but justified at the same time. I don't really know why I continue to take the stairs when I have a propensity to fall, so I take some partial blame for even being in the stairwell. However, this time I did not fall, I beat up a kid accidentally!

So, the stairwell is equipped with those automatic sensor lights that are supposed to turn on when it detects motion. Well, they must be on the fritz, because when I walked into the stairwell starting on the 3rd floor it was pitch black. I was going down the stairs to the lowest level to get to my car in the garage. So, it only got darker as I descended.


As I was rounding one level to the next, someone jumped out of the shadows behind me and made a screaming sound. Now, if you know my history with my stalker, you'll know that this instantly terrified me and I thought for sure it was him (since he was released from jail last month). It was my natural reaction to defend myself and I instantly turned and kneed the person and then tasered him (yes, I have a taser that I got for self-defense and of course I bring it with me going to the garage!). It was still really dark, but I was quickly realizing the slight outline of the person I just kneed really hard and tasered was that of a very small person. Then I heard sobbing. I wasn't sure what to do, as it was becoming quite clear this person wasn't my stalker, but I still didn't know who it was or why they were screaming at me in a dark stairwell. The only thing I could think to do was to go up to the next level and see if I could prop the door open to get some light in. The only thing I had to wedge in the door was my flip flops, so I did that (leaving me barefoot...ew). Once I got the door open and went back down to see what I could see, I realized it was a small child. Here is where I feel bad. I just beat and tasered a child. It was not intentional and he shouldn't have been in a stairwell scaring people like that! He had crumpled himself up in somewhat of a fetal position against the wall and wouldn't stop crying.

I asked him if he lived there and where, so I could go get his parents or someone to help him. He sniffed a little and said "no, I'll get in trouble". I told him if he was hurt, he needed the help of his parents. Then it gets worse. He said "I peed my pants and I don't want my dad to know." Ugh, feeling really low at this point. He finally squeaked out what unit he lived in and I went to get him help. Luckily, his mom answered the door and I talked to her in the hallway and she came alone to get him. So, at least he didn't have to face his dad with the wet pants.

I feel bad about the fact he was a kid and wet himself, but maybe this will teach him a lesson that you just can't do that! There are some people that may have shot him, stabbed him, or something much worse than tasering him.

This is why I will never have children. They are not worth the trouble they cause!! Ok, well maybe they are, but not for me!

Random Acts of Debbie asks that you take a moment and comment, good or bad, I welcome it all!

No comments: